In the island capital you can explore hundreds of years of history at Agia Mavra Castle built in the 13th century, or stroll around the pastel coloured streets of Lefkada old town with its great variety of restaurants and shops. Visit the local villages in the mountains, experience a wine tasting at the local vineyard or indulge yourself with a cooking class to learn the local tastes! These and many other cultural activities await you in the island of Lefkada.
“Lefkada’s crystal clear, turquoise waters make it a laid-back paradise and the perfect getaway”
Lefkada island offers a variety of sports that are suitable for everyone from adrenalin lovers to family friendly activities:
- Swimming & snorkeling in the magical crystal waters of the Ionian Sea.
- Paragliding on the west coast.
- Mountain bike, road bike and scooter rentals.
- Hiking – routes with/without guide.
- Kite surfing & windsurfing on two of the best spots in Europe!
- Water sports, paddle board and kayak rentals.
Plan a private day cruise on a luxury boat with a culinary experience at a secluded beach or stop by a traditional taverna that is only accessible by sea. Snacks, fruit, wine, beverages and snorkeling equipment will be waiting just for you. Half day cruise options for swimming and exploring the nearby beaches.